середу

Reading comprehension I term 3d form




Read the text and answer reading comprehension questions.

My name is Ann. I’m 9 years old. I’m from London. My favourite season is winter and my favourite month is December. Winter is nice. It is frosty and snowy in winter. The snow is white and the sky is blue. I like winter because I can play snowballs, make snowman, ski and sledge with my friends. I like December because we have Christmas than. It is a beautiful holiday. We have a Christmas tree, a lot of presents and a lot of fun.
But my brother Steve doesn’t like winter. He likes summer. First of all, because he doesn’t like school and he doesn’t like to do his homework. And in summer he has a summer holiday. He is 13 and he is in the eighth form.  He has a lot of subjects but he likes only PE and Maths. He can count and do sums very well. He likes to be outdoors and to ride a bike.
I like school. I like to learn poems and read the text on my Ukrainian lessons, to ask and answer the questions on my English lessons and to listen to the teacher on my Nature Study lessons. But my favourite lesson is Art. I can draw nice pictures.

1. Where does Ann live?


a) in England
b) in Ukraine
c) in USA
d) in Australia


2.What season of the year does she like?


a) autumn
b) winter
c) summer
d) spring


3. What is the weather like in winter?


a) hot and sunny
b) rainy and cloudy
c) frosty and snowy
d) warm and windy


4. What can Ann do in winter?


a) play snowballs with her friends
b) play the piano
c) ride a bike
d) do sports


5. Why does Ann like December?


a) she has a winter holidays
b) there is a Christmas on December
c) she needn’t do her homework
d) she can draw pictures


6. Why does Steve like summer?


a) he has his summer holidays
b) he has a lot of school subjects
c) he can do his homework
d) ha can make snowman


7. What can Steve do very well?


a) answer the questions in English
b) do the sums
 c) sing gong
 d) draw pictures


8. Where does Ann’s brother like to be?


a) indoors
b) at school
c) outdoors
d) in the theatre


9. What is Ann’s favourite lesson?


a) Music
b) Art
c) English
d) Maths


10. What does Ann like to do on her Ukrainian lessons?


a) to learn poems
b) to ask questions
c) to sing song
d) to draw pictures


11. What about this text?


a) Ann and her brother Steve
b) seasons of the year
c) school subjects
d) Christmas


12. When do Ann and Dan give presents?


a) in summer
b) on Art lessons
c) in spring
d) on Christmas











Немає коментарів :

Дописати коментар